Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default 2D Chart - x scale label displays wrong

How does it work if you plot the data on an XY chart instead?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bill Carson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Using Excel 2000, the chart displays systolic and diastolic blood
pressure as a line graph, with date of measurement on the x axis and
pressure on the y axis. There are 1049 values each for the systolic
and diastolic pressures.

If I allow the chart to automatically pick the maximum x axis date, it
doesn't do it right, so not all the data is plotted. When I force the
x axis scale to use the last date in the spreadsheet as the maximum,
then it plots all the data, but now the x axis labels are wrong, in
that they they are a half a year ahead of the dates in the
spreadsheet, i.e. the last date is 10/9/2007 in the spreadsheet, but
the last labeled x axis tic shows 3/4/08. When I open the "format
axis" dialog it shows a date of 4/1/2008, where I had earlier entered
the maximum date 10/9/2007, and checked the maximum control.

I'd rather not have to program Excel to fix this, because unless I am
entering something wrong in the dialog, Excel should be able to handle
this.

Thanks,

B.C.