Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Some of my SSN's are being treated as formulas

I think replacing it with nothing (leaving it blank) would be better than that
apostrophe. Those leading apostrophes can be difficult to remove--well, if they
have to be removed later.

Gary''s Student wrote:

Edit Find =
replace with '

Just replace the = sign with an apostrophe.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200749

"Gina K" wrote:

Hello,

I converted a spreadsheet from 123 to Excel and some of my SSN's are
evaluating as formulas. (When I look at the cell contents in the formula
bar, some cells have the equal sign preceeding the SSN.) Is there an easy
way to remove the equal sign?

Ideally, I want to store the numbers as 123456789, not 123-45-6789.

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson