Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Default Prevent deleting multiple cells at once

How can I prevent a user from deleting more than one cell at a time? I have
code that returns the cell's original contents if a user presses delete, but
if they highlight several cells and press delete, it doesn't work (the cells'
contents are actually deleted). I added a message box to the code as below,
but it doesn't actually prevent them from deleting the cells' contents.

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
MsgBox("You can only edit one cell at a time.")
Exit Sub
End If

Thanks,
~ Horatio