Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tanya Tanya is offline

Default PROBLEM WITH INDIRECT & VLOOKUP FORMULA

Thank you very much, it worked a treat and saved me a lot of time.

Regards
Tanya

"Max" wrote:

One guess ..

Try it as:
=INDIRECT("'"&VLOOKUP(B2,D41:F50,3,TRUE)&"'!A5")
--
Max
Singapore
"Tanya" wrote:
Hi, I hope someone can help me

I have the following formula and as I step through it, I can't see any
problem with it, however it keeps returning an error.

Rolls!A4 contains the following formula

=INDIRECT((VLOOKUP(B2,D41:F50,3,TRUE))&"!")&A5

What I am trying to achieve:
I have 10 worksheets with a list of students names on each. the Vlookup
formula refers to an index [D41:F50] containing the following information:
className Teacher sheet
Eg. 9ISTX Mrs Duffy 1

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Regards