Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Insert cells option unavailable?

Sorry folks, I forgot to include with original post
Using Excel XP running on WinXP

"JR Hester" wrote:

One of my users has a handed me a unique problem, that I can't duplicate in
otehr spreadsheets. Working with a spreadsheet of approximately 1500 rows.
Autofilter has been applied to all columns. Several columns have been hidden.

Select one or more cells( one or more rows) and attempt to Insert cells
this option is not available( greyed out). We do have an option to insert
rows, but NOT what we need to do.

This works in other workbooks. Only issue is with current workbook.

Anyone seen this before? CAn you point me toward a cause and correction?

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions