Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default merged cells - code glitch

That's what we do for horizontal, but how does one get the Centre Across
Selection option to be available within Format/ Cells/ Alignment vertically,
Bob?
[I'm using Excel 2003.]
--
David Biddulph

"Bob I" wrote in message
Use Format, Cells, Alignment for that.

Horatio wrote:

That's really slick. I never knew about the "Center Across Selection"
feature. Unfortunately, it is only available for horizontal format. In my
case, I would need it for vertical format.
~ Horatio

"David Biddulph" wrote:

I doubt whether you really need merged cells for the readability of the
printoit. Have you looked at "Centre Across Selection" in Format/ Cells/
Alignment?
--
David Biddulph

"Horatio J. Bilge, Jr." wrote
in message ...

I considered unmerging the cells, but I'm trying to avoid it, because
the
spreadsheet also serves as a printable form, and that would affect the
readability of the printout. Since this is the only problem that has
arisen
from the use of the merged cells, I was hoping that I could add a line
to the
code to work around it.

Maybe something like:
IF {Del key is pressed} THEN Target.Formula = ...

Would that work? I'm not sure exactly how to write it in code.
~ Horatio

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Merged cells are the worst plague that Microsoft has loosed on
unsuspecting
users.

The best course of action is to unmerge the cells. There's almost
always a
better way of doing something WITHOUT merged cells.