Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Another Date formula question

="Week Commencing"&TEXT(Page1!D23,"dd/mm/yy")
Regards,
Stefi

ezt *rta:

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I am having with
a date in excel. I am trying to have a hybrid cell featuring both
text and a date. The date is located in another cell, on another
worksheet, and is being pulled through to the cell (there is a good
reason for this).

My current formula looks similar to this.

="Week Commencing"&+Page1!D23

What I end up getting is Week Commencing 39363, instead of Week
Commencing 10/10/07. If I remove the text part of the formula I get
the correct date. I have played around within format cell but can't
get the date to display correctly.

I would be grateful if someone could give me an idea of how to solve
this! Thanks!