Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Panos Panos is offline

Default Problem with sorting

Hello everybody,
I have a sheet that looks like this:

This cell(A1) is a list
!
site_nu Date Period 1966 Period 1967 Period 1968
2-2-3-95 1/1 3 9.5 3
2-2-3-95 2/1 2.3 4.8 2.5
2-2-3-95 3/1 1.9 3.1 2.1
2-2-3-95 4/1 1.5 2.9 1.65
2-2-3-95 5/1 1.45 2.8 1.65
2-2-3-95 6/1 1.4 2.7 1.45

The period columns go up to 2007 (column AR). Rows reach up to 49000 but
since i use the list, visible results are 366 for each site_nu. I am sorting
(ascenting, continue with current selection) each column (Period columns) for
each selection in the list . This is done as it should at the beginning but
when i select data that its row number is more than 1100, Excell places the
headers of columns AN, AO, and AP at the bottom. It includes the headers in
the sorting process and it does so for just this three columns!!! I have no
idea why this is happening. Can anyone help?

--
Panos