Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Shift Rows Up After Row Deletion and Continually Repeat

Is the data text or numeric?

You originally stated you opened a text file so I assumed the data was text.

The macro looks for text data and deletes any rows that do not contain *.0

When you open the *.txt file and the wizard pops, hit NextNextColumn Data
Format. Check "Text" and Finish.

Now the macro should work.

Gord

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:15:04 -0700, D.Parker
wrote:

I ran this and it deleted "everything" on my sheet. I was looking for the
following:

1.0
2.0
3.0
4.0

and so on. Can you please re-advise?

Kind regards,

D.Parker

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sub Delete_By_Criteria()
Dim i As Integer
Dim iLastRow As Integer
Dim Collet As String
Dim whatwant As String
Set wks = ActiveSheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

iLastRow = wks.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1
If Not wks.Cells(i, 1).Value Like "*.0" Then
wks.Rows(i).Delete
End If
Next i
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:10:01 -0700, D.Parker
wrote:

Hello! I would greatly appreciate your expertise on opening up a text file
and deleting rows of data if they do not meet the format of "0.0", "1.0",
"2.0", etc. After that delete any empty rows and shift the rows up to form a
consecutive numbering sequence in column A. The order of operations should
not matter as long as it is efficient, the total number of rows I'm working
with is ~7K. Your time and expertise is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

D.Parker