Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
KerryOrr[_2_] KerryOrr[_2_] is offline

Default Simple drop down list validation

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your reply, that's a great help! All working fine now.

Very best wishes.

Kerry

Pete_UK;2412673 Wrote:
It always helps if you can give exact cell references where your data
is located, but in the absence of that it will be something like:

=VLOOKUP(A1,Data!A$1:B$100,2,0)

in B1 of your Invoice sheet. Assumes data occupies A1:B100 of Data
sheet, and that your drop-down is in A1 of Invoice sheet, so adjust
the references accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 9, 10:55 am, KerryOrr
wrote:-
Hi All,

I have two lists on one sheet, (Data), Services & Price.

In another sheet, (Invoice), I am using a drop down list for
services,
and when a service is selected I would like it to automatically fill
in
the price column.

I thought it would be simple but I seem to be getting the formula
wrong, can you help?

Many thanks!

--
KerryOrr-