Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kate kate is offline

Default Statistical functions in an array

I have 4400+ lines of historical returns data. I have my columns set up as
the date in column "A" and then the return for that date in column "B". What
I want to accomplish is to set the parameters to search column "A" for a
beginning date (say this date is stated in cell D2), and then search column
"A" again for and ending date (say this date is stated in cell D3). What I
want for a return in my value cell (answer) is the mode from the historical
return information in column "B" from the dates between these two dates. Then
in other cells I want to find the max, min, median, and standard deviation
with the same date parameters a beginning date and an ending date.

In a nut shell, I am trying to get the statistical information by limiting
the information searched to only the return data between two dates I have
selected.
--
Thanks, Kate