Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How do I copy a formula with the cell increasing by increments?

A non-volatile approach:

=SUM(INDEX(B:B,6*ROWS($1:1)-5):INDEX(B:B,6*ROWS($1:1)))

And copy down as needed.
--
HTH,

RD

"Elkar" wrote in message
You can use the INDIRECT and ROW functions to do this. For example,
assuming
your first formula will be placed in Row 1, you'd use:

=SUM(INDIRECT("B"&ROW()*6-5&":B"&ROW()*6))

HTH,
Elkar

"Jaxboo" wrote:

I would like to take a simple Sum formula such as Sum(b1:b6) and copy it
into
the next cell in an increment so the next cell (below) will read
sum(b7:b12)

How would I do this? I have a large number of cells I will be doing this
with and really do not want to have to go back and forth between
worksheets
to select the cells.