Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mau Mau is offline

Default how to disable automatic nr conversion

In a generic report I got column A with descriptions (not numbers) such as:
200006E002
200006E003
200006E004

the export procedure to Excel 97 give me a column with the same data:
200006E002
200006E003
200007E004

That's good!
but the same export procedure to Excel2003 or Excel2007 give me these
results into the cells:
2,00E+07
2,00E+08
2,00E+09

and also the value into the formula bar is like 20000600 so I loose the "E"
character and I can't even set the cell to "Text" because Excel 2003/2007
read E as exponential formula...
how can I get the same result in Excel2003/2007 as in Excel97 without having
to "open as" and using the text import wizard?

Thank you
Maurizio