Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default format number custom want some values in red

How about conditional formatting? Select your cells (assume A2:A20),
then click Format | Conditional Formatting and in the pop-up panel
select Formula Is instead of Cell Value Is. Enter this formula:

=AND(A2<1,A20)

(or just:

=A2<1

if you want negative values to be shown in red as well),

then click on the Format button, click Color and choose Red, then OK
your way out.

The format will apply to all cells that were highlighted, and you can
use the Format Painter icon to apply it to other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 9, 2:02 pm, learningaccess
wrote:
Hi.
I have a spreadsheet showing percents. Some are over 100%, some are less
than 100%. Say for example, 125% and 65%.
Can you please tell me how I can make a custom number format to make the
percentages less than 100% show up as red? So 125% would remain black but
65% would turn red, for example.

This is a bit urgent. Your help is greatly appreciated.
--
Thanks!