Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Salary and Pension Increases

To demonstrate the formula I've entered the actual values within the formula
but in practice it would be better to use cell addresses for the values:-

To calculate final salary:-

=20000*(1+3%)^5

Where 20000 is todays salary, 3% is the annual adlustment and 5 is the
number of years to work.

To work out total pension contributions put the starting salary in say A1
and in A2 type

=A1*1.03

Drag this down. In B1 type
=A1*0.16 to get the pension contrinbution for that year and drag down and
sum the column.

Mike

Mike

"tartan tim" wrote:

I have a group of employees who are on different salaries and different
percentage contributions from the employer to their pension fund - some 6%
some 18%. I need to project the total cost of each employees pension upto
their retirement age of 65 years. So the formula I need has to include an
annual pay award each year over that time while calculating the pension
contribution as salary rises.

The formula would look something like this:

1. Salary + say 3% pay award each year for say 30 years - Show final Salary
2. Employer pension contribution (of Salary) for same period - Show total
employers pension contributions for that period.

Any help ? Thanks