Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Blue Bunny Blue Bunny is offline

Default Subtotals of repeating set of data

I am working on an analysis of responses to a survey. There are 50 questions
which are broken up into 6 sections. I need to provide a subtotal for each
section. The responses are levels of agreement - Strongly Agree, Agree,
Disagree, Strongly Disagree or NA. See the layout below:
Column A Col.B Col.C
Question 1
Line 5 SA 2
Line 6 A 3
Line 7 D 7
Line 8 SD 2
Line 9 NA 1

Question 2
Line 13 SA 3
Line 14 A 1
Line 15 D 2
Line 16 SD 8
Line 17 NA 0

After Question 6 - I need subtotals for the first section - Questions 1-6 -
for each level of response: SA,A,D,SD,NA. Is there a way to do a sum for this
layout....other than to have to specify each line number in the formula?

Any help will be appreciated!

Blue Bunny