Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default monthly cycle events to add to calendar object

Well, it's confusing if you refer to D as both the first and last work
date - 1 in the month. Can you give me examples of actual dates? I mean D
cannot be both March 3, 2008 and March 31, 2008. If your workweek runs from
Monday through Friday and D is March 3, then D+5 is March 10. If D is March
31, then D-3 is March 26. These computations ignore weekends. Does your
workweek run from Monday through Friday? The maximum number of workdays you
can have in a month is 23, assuming 2 non workdays per week. Are you going
to have the event #1 in A1 and the workday of month in B1 with the actual
date in C1, event #2 in A2 and the workday of month in B2 with the actual
date in B3, etc?

"jforbes" wrote in message
Each event only occurs once a month (one date, not a range), but can be on
different day each month. We assign the day each month as D for the 1st
working day of the month, D+1 for the second, etc. When dealing with so
many
days before month end, D-1 would be the last day of the month, D-2 the
second
to last, and so forth.

I mainly want to open the calendar, select (for example) March 2008, and
see
that I have to do item X on D+5 which is displayed as item X on Friday,
March
7. Other events that month may be item Y on D-3, displayed as item Y on
Thursday, March 27th.

I would also want it be graphical, not displayed as a list.