Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default How do I get ending figure in proper cell?

You're welcome!

"amithere" wrote:

Thanks!

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=IF(D1=0,INDEX(A4:C4,MAX(COLUMN(A4:C4)*(A4:C40))) ,D1)

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

"amithere" wrote:

I need to set up a statement that returns a value for the following:

If cell D1=0, get number from C4. If C4 also =0, get number from B4. If B4 =
0, get number from A4 (this will always have a value).

Here's how my info is set up:

Column: A B C D
Row value: 2 0 0 3
6 0 0 0
1 0 0 0
3 0 0 0

We enter inventory figures and i have 3 columns per month. Row 4 has an
ending figure that will carry forward to be row one of the next time we take
inventory. Usually we only do an inventory once a month so there will be 2
columns of zeros between inventory dates. How do I write a statement to keep
looking for a figure?