Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default trying to swap axes on chart

What's the data look like? Could you simply change whether the chart is
plotted by rows or by columns? Go to Chart menu Source Data Data Range
tab, and change the selected option.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"sssssmmmmm" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, i'm trying to create a basic column chart from two sets of data,
one being years and the other being figures. I want the years along
the bottom and the figures along the side, with the columns running up
from the years showing the trend of how many per year. I can only get
the chart to show the years along the side and the figures along the
bottom and have searched the help and can't work it out.

This is probably a very basic question but i'm new to charts and i'd
really appreciate help with this.

Thanks.