Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
robzrob robzrob is offline

Default Date

On Oct 7, 7:40 pm, daddylonglegs wrote:
So if adding 1 month should never take you beyond the end of the next month try

=EDATE(A1,1)+2

EDATE is part of Analysis ToolPak add-in. To get the same result without the
add-in try

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1+{1,0},DAY(A1)*{0,1} ))+2

"robzrob" wrote:
On Oct 7, 5:58 pm, robzrob wrote:
Hello All

New to this, so this question may have been answered before - don't
know.

I want to be able to add one calendar month and then 2 days to any
date. Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks all. This raises another question now! I was assuming that
adding a calendar month meant any of, for example: 28/01/07, 29/01/07,
30/01/07, 31/01/07 would become 28/02/07 and, for example: 31/08/07
would become 30/09/07, etc, in which case your formula won't work. So
does adding a calendar month mean adding the number of days in the
month the date in question is actually IN - in which case your formula
WILL work? Hmm. (Sorry - the CAPS mean emphasis - not shouting -
don't know how to italicise here.)- Hide quoted text -

Thanks DLL - seems to be working - now I can relax!