Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Can I span a record (or row of information) over more than one row

Are you trying to use Excel as a database?

"caramon2000" wrote in message
At the moment we store information on different shops in a central
spreadsheet, with one row for each shop. The information for each shop is
stored in one row. Eg the address, the size, the sale price, etc. Many of
them have more than one floor, and it would be great if we could store
information about them with a separate line for each floor. Eg there could
be
300 square metres on the ground floor and the first floor has 200 square
metres, and each floor is worth a different amount, so having two or three
lines for each shop would be the best.

Is there a way to somehow specify how many rows a record is, and have it
still sorting by either the top row or a row that can be specified
somehow?

Also, some information is stored in rows, (again, about a certain shop),
but
the comments are quite lengthy and the the comments column gets too large
look good in a report. Is there a way to have a merged comments column
below
the main row that is the property information and have it sort with the
main
row of the record?