Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default How can I combine two formulas Left/Mid/Right + Substitute?

I suggested my solution wasn't the most elegant :-) Thanks for the pointer.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't suggesting that your code was inelegant or that
my code was in some way "better" than yours; rather, I just though you (and
the readers of this thread) might find the little used (known?) user-defined
character formatting ability for the Format command of some interest.

As a matter of interest, is your code changing the layout of the data in
the cell, or just applying a format?

Since my code is only modifying a small part of your code, it will do
exactly what your code does.

Rick