Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Maybe you try to explain more clearly, what is your table setup, and what do
you want to calculate. In your example here, there are 3 column labels, but
4 column of data - with some mess of headers between them. And data from
which column do you want to sum? When from 3rd or 4th column, then what is
the data type in them - maybe it's text? And do you want the running sum
(i.e. from top of table to current row), or you want to sum the whole column
(the latter is nonsense IMHO - you get same value for all rows).

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

"Dismal" wrote in message
thanks Jason, but no luck. I am still trying to figure our the formula

for
column J:

H I J
MARKET ENTRY DIFF
POSITION PRICE
1 100 18/32 10/32
-1 100 28/32
1 100 17/32 11/32
1
1
1
1
1
1
-1 101 4/32 9/32
-1
-1

"Jason Morin" wrote:

Try:

=SUMIF(A:A,1,B:B)-SUMIF(A:A,-1,B:B)

or maybe:

=ABS(SUM(SUMIF(A:A,1,B:B),-SUMIF(A:A,-1,B:B)))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA