Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How to make the active cell "pop out"

You may not have one.

If you never recorded a macro to your Personal Macro Workbook you won't.

Start up Excel and any workbook.

ToolsMacroRecord new macro.

When the record macro dialog opens select "Personal Macro Workbook" from "store
in" dropdown.

Do a couple of things like copy a cell from one place to another or similar.

Hit the stop recording button. Do not hit the "x" to stop recording.

You now have a Personal.xls stored in your Office XLSTART folder.

It will open hidden whenever Excel starts.

Your macros will be stored in there.

Hit Alt + F11 then CTRL + r to see the Personal.xls workbook and its modules.

Expand Microsoft Excel Objects by clicking on the + button.

Double-click on Thisworkbook module and paste Bob's code into that module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 22:02:19 -0000, Julie27 wrote:

But if you add this variation to your Personal.xls workbook, it will be
available to all workbooks

Forgive my stupidity but I don't know where to find my Personal.xls
workbook. I added the code that Bob first mentioned to a blank
worksheet and saved it as a template. I know that's not the same thing
but if I remember to open that template, I'll have it.

Julie