Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default How to make the active cell "pop out"

Yes, using that code you would have to add to all future sheets.

But if you add this variation to your Personal.xls workbook, it will be
available to all workbooks

Dim WithEvents App As Application

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set App = Application
End Sub

Private Sub App_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)
Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
With Target
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
End With
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

---
HTH

Bob

"Julie27" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bob, the code is beautiful. I have no clue what anything in the code
means but it works great. Thanks so much.

Will I need to add this code every time I create a new spreadsheet or
is there a way to have it be included in all future spreadsheets?

FC, no problem butting in. I'm glad others can benefit from my
dilemmas.

Julie