Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default MIN and MAX across columns

Should have tested!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
It doesn't work regardless if it is entered with ctrl + shift & enter

Peo Sjoblom

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
Your formula works when entered as an array formula - use
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to conform the formula.
(I assume your county uses ; for argument separation)
It this does not work make sure you have single letters in O; for example
does =O3="M" return TRUE?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bark!" wrote in message
Hi folks

I have gender in one column and age in second column. I need to find
minimum age for male patients, for female patients and maximum age as
well. I tried with IF function but it doesn't work

=IF(O3:O15="M";MIN(P3:P15)) in Q3 cell

O P Q
1 GENDER AGE MIN(M) MIN(F) MAX(M) MAX(F)
2
3 M 45
4 F 63
5 M 83
6 M 63
7 M 84
8 F 49
9 F 55
10 F 62
11 M 73
12 F 42
13 M 54
14 F 64
15 M 73

I think I'm on the right path but I need your help. Thanks in advance