Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Geoff[_2_] Geoff[_2_] is offline

Default Data sorting

I have a string of text in Row A Column A (Actually, I have a couple of
hundred rows, but one will suffice as an example) and I want to move parts
of that text into other cells on that row. For example:
Cell A1 contains The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog
I want to move "brown fox jumped" to cell A2, leaving the rest in cell A1
I could of course cut & paste with 1 row but not with 200!
Obviously if I can achieve this with one row, then I can of course just
highlight all the rows and perform the same function.

I am sure that I should be able to do this with delimiters but they move
everything after "brown fox jumped" as well. How do I set delimiters so
that only the word or words that I select are moved to another cell?

Any replies much appreciated.

Geoff.