Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Data Validation: How do I hide border of ACTIVE lists?

What you are seeing is not a Data Validation List.

It is a List created from DataCreate List which was introduced with Excel 2003.

As long as that remains a list range you will see the blue borders. I know of
no way to hide it.

If you don't want it to be a list you can convert back to range.

Enable the List Toolbar and click on List dropdown and select "Convert to
Range".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:24:00 -0700, Tony wrote:

I can't seem to get rid of the big, bright blue border that surrounds the
entire range of data (the active list) when I click on a cell inside this
range. I have several other spreadsheets that don't show this blue border,
but they were built by someone else.

Thank you!