Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If then statement

I don't entirely understand what you're asking for.
Are you saying that if the value in A1 is found anywhere in the range B1:F1
you want that A1 value writing into the results column in row 1, but
otherwise you want " " (or perhaps you want ""?)?
If so, there are a couple of things I don't understand about your examples:
Where (if at all) does column G come into the calculation?
Why in the third row of examples do you have a 2 in the results column, when
you had a 3 in columns A and B?
--
David Biddulph

"Kat" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that i need to do an if then statement for that I
can't
figurar out. This is what I need done: Any number that equals the same
as
the key row needs to be displayed in the results row. See below

Key B C D E F
G Results
1 1 2 3 4 5
6 1
2 2 3 4 5 1
5 2
3 3 4 5 1 2
7 2

So in the results column i need to put the if then statement = If column
B:F=A1 or " " then =

I hope someone can understand this.