Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jeffro Jeffro is offline

Default how do I move data to a new line in a cell after a comma?

Thankyou very much, it now seems very easy once you explained .
Ciao
jeff

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Correction.........

=SUBSTITUTE(D1,", ",","&CHAR(10))

Enter the formula in E1 and drag/copy down to E30 or double-click on the fill
handle of E1.

Fill handle is the small black cross you see when you hover the cursor over the
bottom right corner of E1

Gord

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 20:48:26 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Change A1 to D1 then drag/copy the formula down to D30

Gord

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:53:00 -0700, Jeffro
wrote:

Hi Gordon
Tried your respomse and it works well, can you advise me how to expand that
formula to do a column of addresses Vis: say from D1 to D30 ?
Thanking you again
jeff

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You want a line feed in the cell?

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,", ",","&CHAR(10))

Entered in B1 with B1 set to wrap text and autofit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:50:02 -0700, Jeffro
wrote:

I am trying to move data from one line in a cell to 2 lines in a cell. To
move all the data after a "comma"
Vis:
From
12 Beach St, Palm Beach Qld 4111