Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default how do I move data to a new line in a cell after a comma?

Sorry, I was inadvertent and didn't notice the end of the sentence: "... in a
cell."
Stefi

€˛Gord Dibben€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Neither of those formulas will achieve your stated aim which was............

I am trying to move data from one line in a cell to 2 lines in a cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:23:01 -0700, Jeffro
wrote:

Stefi
How would I write the formula for encompass a sting of cells vis: A2 - A22
say?
Thankyou again in advance
Jeff

"Stefi" wrote:

1st part: =LEFT(A1,SEARCH(",",A1))
2nd part: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-SEARCH(",",A1)-1)

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Jeffro€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I am trying to move data from one line in a cell to 2 lines in a cell. To
move all the data after a "comma"
Vis:
From
12 Beach St, Palm Beach Qld 4111