Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how do I move data to a new line in a cell after a comma?

Change A1 to D1 then drag/copy the formula down to D30

Gord

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:53:00 -0700, Jeffro
wrote:

Hi Gordon
Tried your respomse and it works well, can you advise me how to expand that
formula to do a column of addresses Vis: say from D1 to D30 ?
Thanking you again
jeff

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You want a line feed in the cell?

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,", ",","&CHAR(10))

Entered in B1 with B1 set to wrap text and autofit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:50:02 -0700, Jeffro
wrote:

I am trying to move data from one line in a cell to 2 lines in a cell. To
move all the data after a "comma"
Vis:
From
12 Beach St, Palm Beach Qld 4111