Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default 2 sets of "y" data points with one set of "x" data points

Put X values into column A starting in row 2, Y1 values (temp) in column B
starting in row 2, and Y2 values (storms) in column C starting in row 2.
Leave A1 blank, but put labels in B1 and C1.

Select this range, or a single cell in the range, and start the chart
wizard, choose your chart type, and continue through the wizard. If you have
problems, post back.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"doug" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 and trying to do a model for math class comparing the
average ocean temperature to storm activity for the last 20 years. My x
axis
will be the year, then I would like to overlay the two sets of data (temp
&
storms). Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
--
Doug