Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ilia ilia is offline

Default grey out insert menu options

One possibility is that it was disabled by a workbook via macros. Do
you have macros enabled?

If so, try this. Go to your VBA window (Alt+F11), press Ctrl+G to
open the Immediate window, and type in this command:
?Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Controls("I nsert").Enabled

Press Enter. If it says "False", type in this:
Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Controls("In sert").Enabled =
True

On Oct 4, 10:32 am, gemini3rdeye
wrote:
Good day,

When opening up a new excel spread sheet and selecting the insert menu the
columns, rows and cells are grey and unavailable. I am using windows xp with
SP/2 and MS office 2003. I tried to run a repair and reinstall excel and this
did not fix the problem. Any help would be great! Thank you for your time.