Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Spreadsheet within a spreadsheet

hi.
no dream. reality.
in the upper right of the sheet, move your mouse over the upper scroll bar
arrow. the mouse should change to to horizontal lines with small arrow
pointing up and down. click and drag down. you now have split screen.
not sure if this is what you're after but try it and if not repost.

Regards
FSt1

"NS421" wrote:

I have a series of documents (system function lists) in Excel that vary in
column width. Above each of these, I have to insert a 'Header' that is 8
columns wide. When I insert this 'Header', it needs to fit across the table
without changing the column widths (no matter how short (# of columns) or
wide). To make it fit, I've been playing merging and unmerging cells. This
takes FOREVER.

Is there an easier way? Is there a way to insert a table, or another
spreadsheet above the current information so that I can easily stretch the
columns to best fit the content without changing the list below?

The reason I say spreadsheet is because I feel like I've seen this before,
split so that there was a gray bar between -- was this a dream or reality??