Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Sorting/Moving Data

Well one thing that I don't understand is you say:
type). If mulitple vehicle were involved in the accident, it lists
information for the second vehicle in the next row.

but you want to:
However, I need to move the information about the second vehicle to the
previous row, next to the first vehicle.

Do you meant in the same row as the 1st vehicle starting from the end of the
1st vehicle's data? What about the columns headers to make sense of the
data?

Also:
the information. Also depending on the accident, sometimes there is more
than one vehicle involved, so there is no set pattern to the worksheet.
(i.e. full info row, partial info row, full info row, partial row, etc.)

Is there anything that identifies whan a new set of accident data starts?

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"jaroady" wrote in message
I have an Excel worksheet with many rows of data I that I will need to
sort/anyalyze. The data is from accident reports and has columns with
information about the accident (location, weather, speed, injury, vehicle
type). If mulitple vehicle were involved in the accident, it lists
information for the second vehicle in the next row. The information it
shows
for the second vehicle is only a partial row of data (speed, injury, and
vehicle type, it does not repeat info such as location and weather).
However, I need to move the information about the second vehicle to the
previous row, next to the first vehicle. I am dealing with a large amount
of
data (sometimes 1500 rows). Is there a way to automate this process to
move
the information. Also depending on the accident, sometimes there is more
than one vehicle involved, so there is no set pattern to the worksheet.
(i.e. full info row, partial info row, full info row, partial row, etc.)
understand this may not be the clearest explanation and if you need
clarification of my question, please feel free to ask. I sincerely
appreciate feedback that anyone can provide. Thank you.