Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] christopher.yust@gmail.com is offline

Default Create Outlook Distribution lists in Excel VBA

I manage a list of several committees within my group at work and each
group has anywhere from 2 to 40 members. Each person is on 3 to 5
committees. I want to create a macro that can easily create Outlook
distribution lists since people keep joining my group and people can
always change committee preferences.

I have already created a macro that scrolls through the committee
matrix and creates a string for each committee with all the members
included. The string is composed of the names (copied from the
Outlook directory) seperated by a semi-colon (ie. Summer, Kyle; Lindy,
Maria; Sampson, Oscar). This way, I can just copy the cell and
manually create a distribution list in outlook, click on add members,
and all I have to do is paste the list as opposed to individually
adding each member.

I would like to expand it so it actually creates the distribution
lists automatically and either saves them in my Outlook contacts or
saves them to the desktop or my documents so you can simply drag them
into Outlook. That would probably be the easiest way as it would then
prompt you if you want to overwrite existing distribution lists with
the same names.

I've found pieces of code scattered across the internet, but I get
errors when the VBA is simply compiling.

Thanks!!