Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Extract the row number

You would need VBA for that or xl4, for a VBA solution see

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#getformula

that will give you a string and then you could get the cell address using
MID or RIGHT

The only way one of Excel's regular functions will give you the cell is if
it is used like

=ADDRESS(ROW(Bef22022007!F293),COLUMN(Bef22022007! F293))

however if you put

=Bef22022007!F293

in A10 and wants the cell address then you would need the above VBA or one
of the GET functions from Excel4

"Hilton" wrote in message

I don't think I made it clear - this is formula in a cell, not a label. So
the function must pick up the fomula in the cell and then extract the row
referenced by the formula. The solution provided works when I make the
formula a label.

"Teethless mama" wrote in
message
=MID(A1,FIND("!",A1)+2,99)+0

"Hilton" wrote:

I would like to extract the row number in a reference formula

formula in cell "= Bef22022007!F293"

How can I extract the 293?

Thanks
Hilton