Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert dimensions

Remember that multiplying by 0.039 isn't an accurate conversion, so instead
of A1*0.039 you would be better to have A1/25.4 or CONVERT(A1,"mm","in")
--
David Biddulph

"tim m" wrote in message
If you want to make all of this totally automated you will have to create
macro I believe. You can do it manually with a few steps however if you
want
to go that route. Here is what I did in a test.

In cell E1 I put this formula =ROUNDUP(A1*0.039,1)
I then copied that formula to cells F1 and G1
I then put some dimensions as you describe in cell A1 (I used 5000 x 5000
100)
I put the cursor in A1 and did 'Data'...'Text to Columns' ...
'Delimited'.... check off 'other' and put an x in the box.
When you 'Finish' it will show the dimensions rounded up in Cells E1, F1,
G1

"Niniel" wrote:

Also, how can I round up to the next whole number (no decimals)? Setting
the
cell format may round down, so that won't work for me in this case.