Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville Bill Manville is offline

Default What hyperlink method if any supports target rename?

Using Excel's NATIVE hyperlink capability (NOT
=HYPERLINK() function), can hyperlinks be created so that a rename of
the file requires only ONE rename as a hyperlink target in Excel?

I don't believe so.

I would write a macro to change them all.

Such functionality is included in my LinkManager utility, but it is
aimed more at changing links in all workbooks in a directory structure
when moving a source directory.

However you are welcome to try it (it's free!)
Just email me at Bill underscore Manville at Compuserve dot com

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England