Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default Recap of Data

I expect a Pivot Table is exactly what you want.

Look here for more information:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

Fred

"Tiziano" wrote in message
Column A of my spreadsheet has several thousand part numbers. Column B has
the code of the customer who purchased that product. Column C has the
quantity purchased. There are many records with the same part number and/or
customer code.

What I would like to obtain is a recap of all the data where column E would
have the list of all part numbers (no duplicates!), column F the number of
customers that purchased that particular product, and column G the total
quantity sold.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
--