Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default change a list of 2 digit years to 4 digit years?

If they are proper Excel dates then all you need to do is highlight
the column by clicking on the identifying letter at the top of the
column, then Format | Cells | Number tab | Custom ... and enter dd/mm/
yyyy (or possibly mm/dd/yyyy depending on your preference) in the
panel and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 3, 9:38 pm, Fredgus wrote:
I need to convert a list of dates that is formatted with 2 digit years, 89
for 1989 or 02 for 2002, to 4 digit years. The list has about 6,000 dates,
so I REALLY don't want to fix it one at a time. Excel seems to know what to
do, it I simply double click the date and then move off it (by click or enter
key) the date is adjusted to 4 years accroding the microsoft formula (which
works for ALL the dates in the list). How do I have excel do all the dates
at once?