Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CINDY CINDY is offline

Default 1 and 2 prior to beginning of Row headers

What is this? I'm working on a spreadsheet that is having sort problems,
only to notice there are 2 columns labeled 1 and 2 before the row headers
start...
It reminds me of Access tables with relationships? I've never seen this
before in excel? There are + and - signs in the columns - seems to collapse
and expand some of the rows of data...
What is causing it? What is the purpose? Can anyone give a some more info.
The sort works fine when I copy and paste the data into a fresh sheet that
does not have those columns. Looks like the rows that are marked, were being
ignored by the sort. I'm almost thinking they are there by accident - maybe
when updating from 2003 to 2007.
Thanks for any help you can send my way!!!!
Cindy