Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default Allow times OR certain text entries

Something like:

If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Target.Value) = True Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = StrConv(Target.Value, vbUpperCase)
If Target.Value < "DQ" And Target.Value < "DNS" Then
Target.Value = ""
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub

Regards

Trevor

"Horatio J. Bilge, Jr." wrote in
message ...
I have a range of cells that use the Time Quick Entry method from Chip
Pearson's website. I want to allow specific text entries ("DQ" or "DNS")
but
I don't want to allow any other text entries. I added the following code
allow the text, and convert it to all caps, but I'm not sure how to
prevent
other text entries?

If Application.WorksheetFunction.IsText(Target.Value) = True Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = StrConv(Target.Value, vbUpperCase)
Application.EnableEvents = True
Exit Sub
End If

Thanks,