Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Clark Clark is offline

Default Auto Populating and Formatting Data

Thanks for the prepend info! works like a charm.

I am interested in the below routine. My date coloum is coloum B. does the
below need to be modified to effect B alone? i need a stamp that has both
time and date.
--
Clark

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sub NOWDATE()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy")
End Sub

Sub NOWTIME()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "h:mm:ss AM/PM")
End Sub

If you wanted, you could set up event code that would stamp date or time or both
whenever you enter the WAT# without using a button or keyboard.

If interested post back.

To prepend 000 to a seven digit number FormatNumberCustom.

Enter 10 0's

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:45:02 -0700, Clark
wrote:

Thanks for the hot key method for time stamping. I tried to record it in a
macro so I could have a hot key for it, but it returns the time stamp for
when the macro was recorded. Do you know a way to do this?

Thanks for the =ISNA formula it works like a champ!

How do you setup the custom format for adding "000" in front of a seven
digit number?