Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
SLKoelker SLKoelker is offline

Default Re-size Bars in Bar Graph

Andy you are a genius! Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for!!!

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Sounds like you want category xaxis rather than true date, which is causing
the skinning columns.
Right click chart and pick chart options. On the Axis tab set the X axis to
Category rather than Automatic or Time series.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"SLKoelker" wrote in message
All I want to do is make the bars bigger (they are pin thin) on my
verticle
(2-D) Bar Graph. I tried clicking on a series and going to options and
changing the 'Gap Width' and it didn't do anything, I also tried
decreasing
the 'Overlap' number and nothing. I also tried making the graph area
bigger
and that didn't work either.

I have dates on the X-axis (3 series each) and the are spaced so far apart
there should be plenty of room to make the bars bigger. My bars are so
close
together and pin thin it's hard to read.

Thanks in advance,
SLKoelker