Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Balan Balan is offline

Default Parse File Location

Mike, in my response, I missed one thing. I forgot that you may need the file
extension also after parsing. If so the job will be simpler. Just select
the cells containing the addresses and do: DataText To Columns Delimited .
Press Next
In the "Delimiters" select "Other" Type \ and press "Next" and "Finish".
Ensure that adjacent cells are vacant to accommodate the parsed data.

"Mike" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to parse the following to extract just the file name:
C:\MICTSeed\MICTSeeding.mdb.

The file name will be the same but the location can change so how do I
account for this when creatig my formula. Would it be better to do this using
VBA?

Thanks,
Mike