Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Conditional Formatting Question

when the cell is blank, the font defaults to red.

Hmmm...

When the cell is blank how can you see red text?

This condition will allow a TEXT entry to display in red, but that means the
cell is not blank.

Condtion 3: =(A1 1.99) If true, format to color red.

Use:

=AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A11.99)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Matt" wrote in message
I have a 3 condition format on a cell. They are as follows.

Condtion 1: =And(A1 0, A1 < 1) If true, format to color green.

Condtion 2: =And(A1 1, A1 < 1.99) If true, format to color yellow.

Condtion 3: =(A1 1.99) If true, format to color red.

All three conditions work fine when a value is entered into A1 however
when
the cell is blank, the font defaults to red. I want it to have no color
when
no value is entered.

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt.