Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marty Marty is offline

Default Conditional format failure

Sorry for the confusion. I am looking for the value of C3 to be equal to Q1
(The value Q1 not a cell reference of Q1) (Q1 is referencing the first
quarter of the year)

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

If you are going to use cell references use formula is instead of cell
value,
it's not clear to me what this is suppose to mean

=$C$3=Q1

do you mean that C2 is equal to C3 AND Q1, if so use

=AND(C2=$C$3,C2=Q1)

if you mean C3 OR Q1 replace AND with OR

Peo Sjoblom

"marty" wrote in message
I have set the following conditional format: Cell Value is equal to
=$C$3=Q1
in cell C2 and have the cell change color. The conditional format works if
C2
is blank but whenever a value is present the color reverts back to the
default. Any suggestions?