Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Dave is offline

Default Need A Solution To A Problem

Hi Sandy,

I appear to have got some of my things mixed up and could do with some help
amending the =VLOOKUP formula.

My code in Sheet 1 is in Column B

My code in Sheet 2 is in Column B

My TYPE in Sheet 2 is in Column A

I need this TYPE then pasted into Column G of Sheet 1.

Thanks!
Dave

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Do you really want a Macro?

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B23,2,0)

Will do what you want.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi Guys!

I need help with a macro.

I have a value in cell A1 of Sheet 1 e.g. A12345

I have a list in Sheet 2 with a list of values e.g. A12344, A12345, A12346
etc. with an associated value e.g. HOME, AWAY, INDOOR

I want to be able to take the value from Sheet 1, find it in Sheet 2, and
paste the associated value from Sheet 2 into Sheet 1, cell B1.

I then have a different value in cell A2 of Sheet 1 and I need to look
this
up etc.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!